I spent some time last week making pictures that didn’t exist before for stuff that used to only exist in my mind. I found it motivational, but given that I hadn’t published them I figure I was also embarrassed — I was supposed to be plotting the novel. Much like I’m supposed to be doing now.
Which is why I’m here, publishing this, instead. Procrastination!
Oh, crap. I just did it. Procrasterpated. Watched three Ze Frank videos, just cuz I was looking for that one. Dammit.
First week in stats: 4045 words, just about half what I need to keep on target. And on the downside, I was completely unable to do much writing this weekend — work intrusions, etc. Also, procrastination. But, some good things:
- I think I’m still on target, because I’ve got it all plotted out. That is, after I stop writing in this blog I’ll have it all plotted out. At least for tomorrow. Right!
- I’ve shown that so long as I have a plan when I wake up, I can get out of bed at 6 and write for 3 hours and generate about 2,000 words. That doesn’t suck as bad as it sounds.
- The guys at work never even suspect. Shh.
- Peet’s chocolate covered espresso beans are far superior to Trader Joes’ version.
- The chapters thus far are good. Enough that I think after a rewrite or two they may be real good. I hope.
- The story is translating to novel format well. I’m looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Ok, so the unix script I had running in the background while I wrote this is wrapping up, so I probably should too. Here are the pics: